Business don’t revolve only around competitive advantage. It has a lot to do with value chain and goodwill. Every business is liable to be ethically and morally well suited to the society and rightly so.
Keeping the moral responsibilities aside, businesses should engage in pro environment activities and contribute to the society in best possible ways. Apart from being accepted as a socially responsible entity, these acts would benefit them in every business-y kind of way and help in its sustainability.
But how is it related to electric vehicles? If you replace your old school thought of using diesel vehicles with electric vehicles, it will save you cost, reduce noise and smoke, and offer a better alternative to the sustainable development of not just the environment but your business too.
Why choose Electric vehicles over Diesel/Petrol vehicles?
Electric vehicles have a power supply which is used to create propulsion to the electric motor. Unlike any diesel or hybrid vehicles, electric vehicles depend entirely on electricity to power the motors.
In electric vehicles, the brakes’ energy is passed on to the battery, also known as ‘regenerative braking’. And there is no need to change gear. The harder the driver presses the pedal, the faster the electric vehicle would run, reducing the effort of the driver.
Why use electric vehicles for delivery?
You would agree that businesses can’t run in vacuum. We need to make our business profitable, but at the same time understand our responsibility toward the environment by taking measures for its sustainability. Hence, the approach to electric vehicles. But there are profitable reasons as well for using electric vehicles for delivery.
Let’s have a look –
- Reduction of costs: If you use a diesel vehicle for delivery you need to expend a lot more than you will expend for an electric vehicle. It was found that if you use electric vehicles for delivery, your fuel cost would be reduced by 80%. That means the fuel cost of electric vehicles is equivalent to 20% of fuel cost of diesel vehicles.
- Low maintenance: As compared to diesel vehicles, electric vehicles are easier to maintain. They have fewer mechanical parts which make the job easy.
- Easy charging: Charging is pretty easy for electric vehicles. You can charge your electric vehicles overnight and it would be ready for 10 hours working/day.
- Faster acceleration: If you use electric vehicles for delivery, you would be able to get faster acceleration, even in the most undesirable traffic conditions. This would ensure faster delivery and ultimately, a good brand image in the business market.
- No need to change gears: Electric vehicles don’t require changing of gears. You would be able to increase speed just by pressing the pedal. Moreover, there are few clutch movements and perfect start and stop application which reduces fatigue to the driver and help you utilize more man-hours.
- Most components are recyclable: An electric vehicle is made with a purpose to serve the society and bring in ecological balance and reduce pollution. Thus, most of the components of electric vehicles are 100% recyclable. Recycling will give you an edge over your competitors who use diesel vehicles for delivery.
- Noise-free vehicles: Electric vehicles don’t just prevent air pollution, but noise pollution too. If you send your materials or finished products at night or to places where noise is restricted, these electric vehicles would be of great advantage to you. They will not only use less fuel, they will also create no noise.
- Reduction of CO2 emission: CO2 is not good for anyone. If you use electric vehicles, you would be able to reduce CO2 emission and facilitate in maintaining the greener environment.
These reasons are enough to turn any business to start using electric vehicles for delivery. If you are still thinking, shift your thoughts for the next generation. What legacy would you want to leave behind for them?